Sunday, January 14, 2007

Does This Blog Make My Butt Look Racist?

Was my last post racist? This is the terrible thing about shows like 24. It boils people down into categories: redneck, terrorist, Middle-Easterner...

...check out a test about racism by noted psychologist (and collaborator of His Holiness the Dalai Lama) Paul Ekman. Which I can't find out there on the web any more. It was quite interesting...Ekman studies faces, and in addition to working with the Dalai Lama, he and his colleagues have done work with the Man (you know, CTU) to teach law enforcement officers how to "read" faces and behavior.

Here's another Ekman test that I can still find out there: can you spot the fake smile? I did okay on this one.

1 comment:

TheMoodhes said...

I was 50-50 on spotting the fake smile, but I was tired -- it was late. :-)