Monday, April 02, 2007

Bauer Yoga: Buchanan Yoga

Namaste, Jack. The Sanskrit word namaste means, "The Divine Spirit in me bows down to the Divine Spirit in you."

I've actually travelled to places in the world where people use this phrase as a greeting. Imagine what it would be like to hear that greeting every day.

The 24 Blog thanks Tai for pointing out the Sunday NY Times article, "Walk Tightropes. Teach Yoga. Fight Terrorists." , which is about Bill Buchanan, yogi. (I mean, James Morrison, yogi.)

(Good thing, as I cavalierly recycled the Arts & Entertainment section without even reading it; I would have missed it!)

I believe that the best way to truly fight terrorism is by transforming ourselves and how we interact with others. (Which is what yoga is all about.)

And why watch 24, other than the sheer entertainment value of watching stuff blow up, generating compassion for Jack in his WOP, waiting for the next medical interrogation, wondering what Jack's carrying in his man purse, analyzing the women of the 24-verse against the stupid vs. evil paradigm, and awaiting Audrey's return from her Chinese "grave" and her inevitable agreement to set up a perimeter (even though her last known job description was as her dad's secretary)?

As man of the hour** would say, "Dammit! It is so we can transform ourselves and our country into something that looks very, very different than the 24-verse."

Because if Jack liked the way that world looked, he'd just leave well enough alone. (Or maybe kick back and open a yoga studio with Buchanan.)

In the meantime, namaste.

**(for "M", LPK, and Kieferskate, at least!)

2 comments:

lpk said...

hey ladies,

are you at your stations?' I've got about 23 minutes to showtime!! I don't think I'll join in live. probably too complicated for me, but one does have to have goals.

I will however, enjoy reading your review/commentary/musings, etc, after the show, and probably after the Riches with my man Eddie.

I'm in NYC with the fam. been laying low and trying to chill out. Haven't felt a blog coming on in days! My Mug has succesfully been transported to NYC in the fam. mobile and will be safe in a cupboard awaiting Kate and mines return on Sat/Sun. If all goes well my Mug will meet Kiefer next week at the Rocco DeLuca and the Burden concerts at Webster Hall Tues/Wed. night. Kate and I just know Kiefer will be at one of those shows.
So I'm hoping we have a good show tonight. We REALLY need one! They better throw us a bone tonight!
Well gotta go. Steve just said "Where's the tv clicker?" and I'll be damned if I know?!!! AAAAGGGHHH!!! wish me luck finding it. If not take good notes!! (note: of course this is being tiviod back home for me!! One must have a back-up!) peace!

Hey by the way. I have a gret Kiefer yoga pic. I know , maybe i'll post it on my site and you guys can steal it from there if you like it? yeah that should work.

Cheers! LPK

Free10007 said...

Thanks, LPK! Sorry I missed your post last pm. (I was too busy trying to simultaneously eat Amy's pizza, blog, and talk to "M" on the phone. Note to self: eat earlier; I had tactical issues getting my laundry done.)

If you do see Kiefer, send our best! And would love to see the yoga pic, will check next time I stop by your blog.

Thanks for posting!!