Sunday, November 23, 2008

More Tasteless Than Usual

The 24 Blog is, by definition, pretty tasteless. It is a comedy blog about a violent TV show.

But this episode lends itself even less to tasteless (but funny) humor -- the subject matter can't lend itself to any kind of fun-poking.

Lord knows, as a longtime resident of lower Manhattan, I know more about domestic terrorism than I would wish on anyone. For some reason, I could still laugh at the antics of Jack, Evil Veep, TEYOP, Blonde Toady, and the pantheon of Women of 24, whether stupid or evil. Even though I could either imagine (or remember) the kernel of truth that makes 24 watchable -- and on some cartoonish level -- almost believeable.

But I can't laugh at this.

Maybe it is because there are kids involved.

1 comment:

Relibbed said...

I'm with you "A". I did se the opening and thought I don't know if I'll be able to watch.