Monday, January 15, 2007

T Minus 28 Minutes and Counting!

I'm getting ready!

"M" may have to bathe "J" during the early part of the show! I suggested that it was difficult to understand how important hygiene could be to a 13 month old, couldn't it wait until tomorrow.

She said the verboten words: something about poopy diapers. The two words that can stop any conversation with me.

As I have a cold, I'm stocking up on provisions before the show starts. Hot Ginger Lemonade (sure cure for anything) and organic ramen soup. Hee Hee, whose idea was organic ramen soup?

Original hot ginger lemonade recipe is from the NY Times, which annoyingly only posts it for pay...if you have the flu, though it might be worth it:

  • grate 2 tbsp raw ginger (organic, natch)
  • boil 2 cups of water
  • squeeze 1/2 lemon (or a whole one, if they are small)
  • pour the boiling water over the ginger in a teapot or covered bowl, let steep for 6-10 minutes
  • add lemon juice
  • pour concoction through a strainer
  • add honey to taste
  • add as much cayenne pepper as you can stand

I promise, you'll feel better.

If only I could get the recipe to Chloe. She could put it on Jack's screen. (Oh, yeah, the Sprint ad came on right after we saw the Nextel phone Jack's carrying; I'm telling you, CTU left it with him. Proof: somehow, when the number comes up on the President's caller ID, he takes the call! And this W is actually smart. Or at least he was last season. Kind of.)

No comments: